With the advancement in IT technology, Most businesses are inclining towards the use of Managed Services. Learn more about what’s included in Managed Services for Small businesses, so that you can choose an affordable Managed Service provider to outsource your IT operations.
You might be thinking about what are Managed Services. Here are some of the Managed Services Offerings:
- 24/7 IT help desk and Support (Both Remote and Onsite)
- Network setup, Monitoring, and Maintenance
- Management of Users, Assets, and access to resources
- IT Security Management and Data Compliance
- On-site computer and hardware repair services
- Regular Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Email setup (Office 365, Google Suite)
- Managed Cloud Services
- Documentation and Reporting
24/7 Remote and Onsite IT support
Managed Service Providers will remotely monitor your IT infrastructure and systems day and night. So if any errors or technical issues arise, they will be notified. This will help quick resolution of the problem without any significant impact on your business.
If there is a need for any on-site support to fix any kind of problem in your IT infrastructure, your MSP should be available on-site to fix the problem.
Network setup, Monitoring, and Maintenance
Most businesses are relying on the data to make business decisions and for business scaling. So it is really important that your network infrastructure is set up efficiently. Network management includes setting up required hardware, software, and identifying usage of LAN, WAN for optimization.
Managed services included complete network setup and continuously monitoring the network to ensure maximum uptime. Monitoring the network allows Managed Service Providers to figure out any network issues in real-time and fix them.
Management of Users, Assets, and access to resources
This involves setting up new users in the system, managing user permissions and passwords, removing old users, and granting resource access to new users.
Management of your IT Assets involves auditing hardware resources, reviewing licenses, enforcing device policies. Your MSP should align the best technology with your IT infrastructure, provide regular updates and licensing on new products, and providing suggestions on business improvements.
IT Security Management and Data Compliance
It involves monitoring of your IT / Network Resources, installation of security software like antivirus, spam filtering, detection of Spywares, software updates, and continuous analysis of the security logs.
Data and information of your company are subject to different regulations designed to enhance data security. Your Managed Service Provider should handle the compliance and auditing so that you don’t have to think about the data regulations.
This will definitely save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Regular Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
It is one of the most important parts of Managed Services. It is very common for every type of businesses to face Downtime, but can you imagine what happens if your valuable data and information get corrupted or lost.
So regular data backup and creating plans for disaster recovery are really important for your business. This is where the managed cloud services come in to fulfill your data backup requirements.
On-site computer and hardware repair services
Almost every Managed Service Providers offer on-site support. On-site supports are required if there is a need for hardware repair, training your staff for basic setups, and software configurations. However, you should always confirm if there is an on-site support fee that’s not included in the monthly contract.
Most businesses are shifting towards cloud-hosted email services like Office 365, Google suite, etc. Your MSP should provide accurate information about the benefits and convenience of cloud email services including reliability and security concerns.
Documentation and Reporting
This involves documenting the system flow, network configurations, licensing, setup guides using proper notes and diagrams. This enhances the efficiency of the IT support team, easy enhancements, software updates, and hardware repairs.
Your MSP should provide access to the detailed documentation upon request and they should send you weekly/monthly reports of the status of your IT infrastructure and network resources.
What value does managed IT services bring?
There are very few small and medium-sized businesses that have realized the importance of outsourcing their IT operations via a Managed Service Provider.
Along with saving you a lot of time and money, handing over your IT operations to MSPs can bring in a lot of long-term benefits and also help grow and scale your business.
Some of the core benefits of Managed Services are:
- Decrease in IT operational costs.
- You can focus more on core business activities
- You will have a Robust IT Infrastructure
- You will get support from a Team of experienced IT Experts
- It provides great flexibility and efficiency
- Strengthen the security of your data and IT infrastructure
- You will get a tailored Managed IT solutions as per your business size and requirements.
Shifting your IT operations from in-house to remote saves you a large amount of money. For example, the cost of the hardware, storage, cables, servers, etc can be replaced with managed cloud services.
Outsourcing your IT operations to IT professionals of Managed Services Providers, you can just focus on your core business. Also, it will save you a lot of time on hiring and training your employee about various IT stuffs. This will allow you to take rational business decisions and survive in the competitive market.
Things to look for in a Managed Service Provider
Choosing the right IT company to outsource your IT operations must be done very carefully. Here are some core questions to ask any MSPs to qualify them and find if they are the right fit for you.
- Do you have an in-house team of IT experts?
- Do you have a dedicated help desk and IT support team?
- What will be your approach to handle our internal tech requests?
- What happens if my IT infrastructure goes down?
- How will you ensure that our IT resources are secure from any kind of threat in the long run?
- Do you offer tailored IT solutions as per my business requirements?
Examples of Managed Services
Here are some of the Managed Services Examples and how they are helping businesses:
- 24/7 Technical IT Support: Technical IT support is one of the major parts of IT Managed Services. This allows you to report any types of technical problems that you are facing even if it’s not within office hours.
- Managed Cloud Hosting: With Managed Cloud Hosting, your resources and applications are stored on the infrastructure of Managed Service Providers which saves businesses a lot of money on servers and network infrastructures.
- Network setup and management: It includes setting up your networks and IT infrastructure properly to ensure that everything is running efficiently.
- Managed IT security: It ensures that your IT infrastructure is secure from any kind of threat and constantly monitoring your system and IT resources.
You can find more examples of successful Managed Services here.
Are you ready to invest in Managed Services? Looking for an affordable Managed Services Provider in San Diego?
If San Diego Managed Services is something that you think could boost your business, then you’ve come to the right place.
We offer tailored Managed Services as per your requirements. Are you ready to discuss your requirements?.
Or You can reach us via the contact form on our website.